Honor Band Application
Below you will find the information regarding auditioning for the 2016 Honor Bands Festival. Please read all the information carefully, and make sure you complete the audition process completely. You will receive an audition confirmation e-mail upon completion of all the audition requirements.
THE AUDITION PROCESS
For all musicians, the audition procedure is as follows:
- Complete your audition via YouTube or mailed CD.
- Beginning October 1st, 2016, acceptance e-mails will be sent to outstanding audition submissions.
- Auditions are open and accepted until November 1st, 2016.
Please read and download the music requirements listed below on this page, and then click the appropriate box at the bottom of the page to begin your audition process.
Auditions require the following:
- 3 Major Scales (Concert C, F, & B-flat, two-octaves optional)
- Required Audition Excerpts including: Lyrical, Technical, and Salvation is Created (see below for a link to view and print)
- **Optional: Any other musical excerpt which demonstrates musicianship (Ex. All-State audition example, excerpt from state solo contest, etc.)
The Required Audition Excerpts for each instrument can be downloaded here:
- Flute / Piccolo (same as Flute; prepare both if interested in playing piccolo)
- Clarinet in B-flat
- Bass Clarinet (same as Clarinet)
- Alto Saxophone
- Tenor Saxophone
- Baritone Saxophone
- Bass Trombone (same as Tuba)
- Bass Clef Euphonium / Treble Clef Baritone
Note: If you want to audition for more than one instrument, the musical examples must be completed for each instrument. Please contact us with any questions regarding auditioning on two instruments.
The Application-Audition is different for percussionists. See below for more details:
- Percussion Applicant-Auditionee will submit excerpts of their own choosing, including one (1) snare drum excerpt and two (2) other excerpts that showcase the strength of the applicant. For example: an Applicant may send in one snare drum excerpt, in addition to one marimba and one timpani excerpt each. Percussion Applicants must also fill out the form as well.
- Percussion Participants are assigned to either the Festival Wind Symphony or Festival Symphonic Band as determined by their audition and are sent assigned parts.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2016! (postmarked or submitted)
No fees are required for application or audition. The festival fees will be $120, collected upon acceptance into the honor band.
PLEASE SEND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS:
OPTION #1 - ONLINE APPLICATION + MP3
- Online Application (click here!)
- Upload video(s) to YouTube, and submit the YouTube link(s) via the application above.
OPTION #1 - COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM + MAIL CD TO:
Ohio University Honor Band Festival
c/o Dr. Andrew Trachsel
School of Music
497C Robert Glidden Hall
Athens, Ohio 45701