HONOR CHOIR BRIEF SCHEDULE
- Morning: Arrival in Athens and Check-in
- Afternoon: Rehearsals and Master Classes
- Evening: Rehearsals, Chamber Music Readings, and Showcase Recital
- Morning: Rehearsals and optional mini-lessons with faculty
- Afternoon: Master Classes and Rehearsals
- Evening: Rehearsals and Pizza/Dance Party
- Morning: Church Service
- 1:30pm: Reception for Parents and Students
- 3pm: Concert
We are pleased to continue our partnership with the Ohio University Inn to provide housing for participants. This full-service hotel is used extensively by the university community, and graduate teaching associates from the School of Music will serve as chaperones. Transportation during the festival will be provided.
HONOR CHOIR APPLICATION INFORMATION
Honor Choir will accept any student in Grades 9-12 with the recommendation of their school choral director. To keep voicing balanced, teachers registering larger groups are encouraged to submit SATB quartets whenever possible. There is no assigned limit to how many quartets schools may send. Teachers with qualified chamber groups of 16-20 are encouraged to send them.
Accepted students may pay with credit card here.
QUESTIONS about the Honor Choir Festival can be directed to Daniel Hall, Director of Choral Activities.