HONOR CHOIR SCHEDULE OVERVIEW
Thursday, Nov. 30
- Mid-Day: Arrival in Athens and Check-in
- Afternoon: Rehearsals and Master Classes
- Evening: Rehearsals and Concert by Ohio University Singers
Friday, Dec. 1
- Morning: Rehearsals and optional mini-lessons with faculty
- Afternoon: Master Classes and Rehearsals, and Performances by the Ohio Women's Ensemble and The Singing Men of Ohio
- Evening: Rehearsals and Pizza/Dance Party
Saturday, Dec. 2
- Morning: Dress Rehearsal in OU Memorial Auditorium
- 1:30pm: Reception for Parents and Students
- 3pm: Concert
We are pleased to continue our partnership with the Ohio University Inn to provide housing for participants. This full-service hotel is used extensively by the university community, and graduate teaching associates from the School of Music will serve as chaperones. Transportation during the festival will be provided.
HONOR CHOIR REPERTOIRE
HONOR CHOIR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Honor Choir is for students Grades 9-12 who are recommended by their school choral director as having the highest choral standards: excellent preparers, outstanding singers and musicians, and good citizens of their musical community. To keep voicing in the Honor Choir balanced, directors are encouraged to submit SATB quartets whenever possible. There is no assigned limit to how many quartets schools may send. Directors with qualified chamber groups of 16-20 are encouraged to send them.
The deadline for confirming the number of students schools will send is Sunday, October 15th. At this point the Ohio University School of Music will order and then send music packets to participating schools in the quantity indicated.
The deadline for confirming the names of participants is Wednesday, November 1st.
The per-participant cost of Honor Choir participation is $120, which covers accommodations, most meals, and music packets. Following registration by their directors, accepted students may pay with a credit card here.
QUESTIONS about the Honor Choir Festival can be directed to Dr. Bradley Naylor, Director of Choral Activities.