MOZART ON THE GREEN
CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL & ACADEMY
Now in its fifth year, MOZART ON THE GREEN is a chamber music festival inspired by the spirit of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and the beautiful surroundings of Athens. The MOZART ON THE GREEN Festival and Academy will host renowned musicians and OU faculty to teach young musicians during the day and present world-class chamber music concerts in the evenings. The evening performances, hour-long casual concerts hosted nightly in several different locations around the city, promise to deliver delightful and inspiring sounds for audiences of all ages.
Students attending the OU Summer Music Camp will have the opportunity to participate in the festival, with chamber music performances on Saturday.
Concerts are all free, although donations are gratefully accepted at the evening performances.
Repertoire for the Series
Monday, June 15: SONG NIGHT! Soprano Melissa Brobeck and tenor Kelly Burns join pianists Gail Berenson and Steven Huang in arias and songs by Bellini, Quilter, Mozart, Floyd, and Richard Strauss. Plus, a special treat by pianist Youmee Kim, Astor Piazzolla's Libertango! This concert will take place at School of Music's Glidden Recital Hall.
- Tuesday, June 16: STRINGS ONLY! The OU Klinder Trio performs Beethoven's Trio in C Minor and Borodin's Trio. They're ioined by Liviu Dobrota on violin, in a performance of two movements from Mozart's C Major Quartet (KV 465). This concert will take place at Wilhelm Amphitheatre, on the College Green. WEATHER NOTE: Inclement weather alternate location is Glidden Recital Hall. We will post location confirmation on Facebook by 5.30pm.
- Wednesday, June 17: RIMSKY-KORSAKOV! Under the Elms Summer Band's concert features Lucas Rego Borges performing Rimsky-Korsakov's Trombone Concerto! This concert will take place at Wilhelm Amphitheatre, on the College Green. WEATHER NOTE: Inclement weather alternate location is Forum Theater.
- Thursday, June 18: MOZART'S ORGAN SONATAS! Three rarely heard "Epistle" Sonatas, written for the Salzburg Cathedral Mass celebrations, featuring organ and strings, along with a gem by Wilhelm Popp, Prélude dramatique. Lucas Rego Borges and Joe Brown (trombones) perform with Youmee Kim (piano) in a movement of Handel's Trio Sonata in G Minor, Op. 2, No. 8. Rebecca Rischin performs Bela Kovacs' solo clarinet piece, Hommage to Manuel de Falla. And Daniel Mullins and Steven Huang perform Debussy's Violin Sonata. This concert will take place at the Church of the Good Shepherd, on the corner of University Terrace and Park Place.
- Friday, June 19: ALAN CHOW, PIANO! Repertoire to be announced. This concert will start at 7.30pm, and take place at School of Music's Glidden Recital Hall.
- Saturday, June 20: SUPPORT OUR STUDENTS! Repertoire to be announced. The chamber music concert will start at 11am, and take place in Glidden Room 101. The ensemble concert will take place at 3pm, in Glidden Recital Hall.
• For more information contact Steven Huang, Director: email@example.com, 740 593 4240.